Projects and Patterns

Home Forums Handmade For Dolls Projects and Patterns

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #34345
    Peggy Stuart
    Participant

    Here’s the link to the twinset. It’s knit from the top down. The pattern includes directions for both knitting the sleeves flat and seaming them or knitting them in the round. The cardigan is slightly larger than the short-sleeved “pullover” so they fit together.

    #33902
    Pamela Elliott
    Participant

    Just adding the sizes for making the armlets I showed in the Knitting thread.
    I used Stretch Lace, and it was the length I needed so I just cut off pieces 3 1/2 inches wide and then sewed the long side with a quarter inch seam. The top and bottom edges were scalloped and fully finished off. I then turned in a bit at the top of the arm so the armlet fitted. The bottom edge I kept the scallops. The rectangles were 6 1/2 ins by 3 1/2 ins.

    #33155
    Peggy Stuart
    Participant

    Here’s the Cables and Herringbones pattern.

    #33152
    Peggy Stuart
    Participant

    I just noticed I didn’t post my last two cardigans here. Here’s the Kisu Takki cardigan.

    #33147
    Peggy Stuart
    Participant

    Here are Billy’s cargo pants. As with the slacks, I used Liberty Jane’s Boot-cut Jeans pattern for AG dolls, but eliminated the back pattern piece and substituted my own pattern. (See photo.)
    I left off the back pockets. The leg pockets were made with two 3″ X 3″ squares with 1/2″ turned under and hemmed along one side, then the other three turned under 1/4″ and pressed. I sewed them about 3/4″ below the bottom of each pocket, centered on the side seam. The flaps are two 2″ X 3″ rectangles each, sewn together around three sides with one long side left open. I turned them, pressed, then finished the raw edge side with zigzag and topstitched. I sewed each flap right above the leg pockets with the zigzag side down and the finished flap up.
    I cut off 1″ of the pants pattern length, then turned up the hem 3/4″ so I could turn up a cuff.
    I didn’t backstitch to anchor the pocket stitching. Instead, I pulled the top thread through to the back by pulling on the bobbin thread, then tied them together in a square knot.

    #27544
    Peggy Stuart
    Participant

    Pam has asked me to add my pants/slacks/trousers/jeans adaptation of the Pixie Faire Boot Cut Jeans pattern to this discussion.

    Mandy was my model for the pair I made for Vroni’s birthday. I’m using these photos, because I had her pose so I could get shots of every side of the completed project.

    When you get the pattern for the jeans from Pixie Faire, you will use all the pieces except the back, and the back pockets are optional. I left them off for a cleaner line, but if you’re actually making jeans, you probably want to use them. You could make them a little smaller, to be more to scale for the back piece.

    Copy the Back Pattern piece so that the grid (from my cutting mat) works out to 1″.

    If you have a plaid or checks to match, place the pattern pieces so that the bottom of the patterns (hem) for the front and back and the bottom of the crotch seam for both line up on the same horizontal stripes. Then when you sew, you can make sure they line up. I did the same thing for the back waist and the front pocket. If you’re using the back pockets, you can also line them up, or you can cut them out on the bias.

    I did the construction exactly as described in the instructions that come with the pattern, except I didn’t topstitch the side seams and the faux fly. If I were making jeans, I would. I did do the topstitching on the pockets and the waistband.

    Mandy is wearing my Wonderland Turtle turtleneck, a free pattern.

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Peggy Stuart.
    #27133
    Pamela Elliott
    Participant

    I remembered. Carrots pattern by Luminaria Designs. Adapted to fit Gotz doll. You need to add 1″ to both skirt lengths and I should have added some length to the arms too. I reduced the bodice to 90%.
    More photos on Sewing and Knitting thread for comment. This is only for reference.

    #26468
    Pamela Elliott
    Participant

    Tea Party Dress by Handmaiden’s Cottage. AG size, so I made the bodice a bit narrower and I also changed the ties to straps as I preferred that look. No comments here but photos also on Sewing thread where comments are always welcome!

    #26293
    Pamela Elliott
    Participant

    I keep forgetting this thread! But here are two designs using Luminaria patterns. The first on Vroni is Countryside Girl and the second on Kitty is Bohemian Girl. Both patterns are designed for Gotz dolls. Please remember this is a no comment thread. Main photos on the sewing and knitting thread where comments are very welcome.

    #24409
    Peggy Stuart
    Participant

    The bathing suit from a sock has evolved. The instructions can be found here.

    Leg holes are cut in the toe of the sock, the toe seam removed and fold-over elastic (FOE) added to the edges. Then the toe seam is sewn closed again. The top is cut to the desired shape, then trimmed with FOE, using some of it for straps that close with Velcro in the back.

    For a two-piece suit, make the panties found in the instructions, but using the bathing suit sock. The top can be cut out of the very top of the cuff, trimmed with FOE and more FOE used for straps.

    For tips on how to use FOE, see here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.