Sewing & Knitting for dolls pre 30/06/2017

Home Forums Handmade For Dolls Sewing & Knitting for dolls pre 30/06/2017

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 1,189 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

A little dress i have knitted for Grete.

Andrea Wood
    Participant

After Sandi’s recent post, I looked again and ordered 3 for myself last night. Two from eBay and one from Amazon. The ones I ordered are ment for people I think at 3 x 5 ft, but I am sure they will work for me in my 32″ photo cube as the ones I ordered have a ‘floor’ part that they would stand on with the rest being vertical. Or I can just clip them on something too. They are flexible so I can fold under the edges to make them fit the cube if needed.

I used a piece of fabric as a backdrop in the cube for this photo. I got it at the quilt show as a precut and hoped it would be wide enough. It is a little narrow (you can see the seams of the cube on both sides) so I found the same fabric online and ordered 1.5 yards to use the same way. Found out after I took the photos that I had the fabric upside down too. LOL. Still looks not bad I think.

Peggy Stuart
    Participant

I agree on all counts, Heather.
    And Pam, I saw the heading. I’ll be switching to the new page now. I hope it doesn’t fill up too fast. Oh, wait! I hope it does! LOL!

Peggy Stuart
    Participant

I have been looking at them. They have a lot of different designs. I’m having a little trouble figuring out if what you buy is a set of different backgrounds, and there seems to be a gap from 40-58cm dolls.

Pamela Elliott
    Participant

Hi everyone! Maxine has started a new forum for sewing and knitting as this one is getting too long. Can you please use the new forum page from now one although this will remain open for viewing older posts. We are hoping to get the Forum into smaller pages but until then this is to make things easier in the interim. Any questions let me know.

Sewing & Knitting for dolls

Pamela Elliott
    Participant

I agree with you Heather. It has been and is lovely to be able to all get together here from many different countries and share our dolly related hobbies. I have learnt a lot too and been inspired!
    So a big thank you to everyone for being here 🙂

Pamela Elliott
    Participant

Thanks, Peggy, Lauren looks really cute. I will check out the book on Amazon. I don’t have any of Joan’s books but I do have a couple of other old books with doll patterns. I should check them out, I guess.

Heather Wilson
    Participant

We could not live further apart but through the beauty of computers we are able to enjoy our love of dolls. Although we are only a.small group I have learnt so much in the last few weeks. I am waiting for a knitpicks order that is taking a long time just to get out of the States. I have found a local woollen mills I order wool from here so will be interested to see if that is any good as a lot cheaper than the stores. I will have a look for some little buttons for the dress when I go shopping next. I have most of the Joan Hinds books and they are good to get ideas from Peggy. Love the little shorts outfit. One of our clothing stores sells Liberty shirts and I buy a couple each summer as just love the fabric. I find buying the fat quarters usually makes a dress for the dolls and you are able to get more colours and not have a lot of left over material

Heather Wilson
    Participant

Sandi said she got a lot of her backdrops from RaiHing.com
    I certainly need to get one to show off my dolls better as find it so hard to find a decent place to take the pics.

Peggy Stuart
    Participant

I had a quick look and didn’t see anything that appealed to me. Probably because the doll was missing! I’ll have another look when I have a chance.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 1,189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.