What I’ve just bought!

Home Forums All Dolls What I’ve just bought!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Andrea Wood
    Participant

That’s what I thought! I looked carefully at the other photos in the listing which included detailed views of the bottoms and sides and I couldn’t see any thing wrong at all. I am still quite shocked that I won the auction!

Peggy Stuart
    Participant

Lucky you! That looks like a really nice set.

Andrea Wood
    Participant

I won an auction on Ebay this morning for this wicker furniture set! I am really excited beacuse if the photos are correct, it’s in mint condition! Can’t wait to get them and make pretty cushions for them for the girls to have a lovely place to relax. I can’t decide if we will have them in our imaginary sun room in the house or use them outside.

That is a 12″ ruler on the coffee table and it was sold as 18″ doll furniture. It looks to be a good size to me. What surprised me a lot was that no one else beyond a first bid, even bid on the set. I would have thought it would have gone for a lot more money and had a lot more peope interested.

Pamela Elliott
    Participant

I understand completely. I have lost my appetite for cutting off their hair too. It seems barbaric. I only did it because at the time Gotz were mainly doing blondes and brunettes. Now they are doing more redheads and the black too there really is no need to change the dolls. I love the ones I have done, but really don’t want to do it again; it was certainly an experience.

Oh I love Violet – she is soooooooooo pretty.
    And yes, wait for the Katie/Kitty of your dreams… nice to have something to look forward too.

SANDI SMITH
    Participant

There is something about Katie/Kitty that charms me every time. If I had the courage to cut all that beautiful hair off, I might have considered purchasing her off you, but I just couldn’t do it.

I will have a Zwergnese Violet coming down the trackand she has blue eyes with black hair, so she will fill the gap until they get round to releasing the Katie/Kitty of my dreams. 🙂

Pamela Elliott
    Participant

I think I am going to sell this Katie as I also have Katie 2012 and I prefer her.

Attachments:
    Pamela Elliott
    Participant

I understand!! You want the different faces too. The nearest I have is this one but she has brown eyes. I do have a spare blue eyed Katie who I am going to sell. I was going to rewig her, but I think I have had enough of doing that now. If I rewigged her she could be blue eyed and black hair I guess.

SANDI SMITH
    Participant

She’s beautiful Pam, but if I buy Luisa, I will have that face sculpt with black hair. I am really keen to have a Katie/Kitty as I’m not fond of the Charlotte sculpt, unfortunately she just doesn’t do it for me.

Pamela Elliott
    Participant

I wanted a blue eyed black haired girl as that is what I am lol (I am half English and half Indian). So I made this one… but maybe Gotz will do one soon now they are doing black hair. I rewigged this one last year before they were producing the ones with the black hair. I call her Leila but she used to be a blonde Lena 🙂

SANDI SMITH
    Participant

She’s on my list, now I just need to find a blue eyed black haired girl…wonder if they might bring out a Katie in those colours? That would really make my Gotz family complete. SIGH!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.