Doll Questions

Home Forums All Dolls Doll Questions

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    matt harvey
    Participant

Test message (photo)

matt harvey
    Participant

Test message (text only)

Pamela Elliott
    Participant

Hi Sandi, please forgive me for not answering this sooner, but somehow I must have missed it. I really don’t know how. I use Monique’s wigs mainly size 10-11 inches although Charlotte needed 12-13 inches. You have to measure around their heads above the ears. Monique’s wigs are the only ones I have tried but they are good quality. I have used a Doris wig, a Kara Lynn, and a Peggy Sue, I think. You can look them up on Monique.com. I hope that helps and again sorry for the delay.

SANDI SMITH
    Participant

What is the best size wig for the Gotz dolls Pam? Do you have any in particular that you would recommend?

SANDI SMITH
    Participant

Pam, how many Gotz dolls do you have that have short hair? I wouLd love to see a photo of them all together when you have time. 🙂

Peggy Stuart
    Participant

Good to know.

Pamela Elliott
    Participant

The other good think about the glue is that it doesn’t set instantly so you can put the wig on and move it around until you are happy with the placing of it 🙂

Peggy Stuart
    Participant

I doubt I’ll ever have the need, but I’ll remember tacky glue for wigs, just in case. Someone in the Dolly thread in the Frog Prince group I moderate might have need of the information, even if I don’t.

Pamela Elliott
    Participant

I used Tacky glue for my wigs and it is great stuff! It is what Deb uses and the reason it is so good is that it isn’t permanent. It sticks really well so you can play with the doll and brush the hair, but if you get fed up you can rip the wig off and glue on another! Both the wig and doll aren’t damaged.

I usually swap wigs around for a month or two but then when I am sure the look I want, I glue it with tacky glue. Otherwise, the wig falls off if the doll falls down. As you all know I like to take photos outside, and often the dolls fall in the wind or whatever… I need the wigs to be stuck!! You just need to use the right glue.

Deb’s daughter talked me through the whole process as she is always changing wigs!

Peggy Stuart
    Participant

I’m afraid to glue a wig on one of my beautiful dolls. Maybe a doll I got from a thrift shop or land fill. I don’t feel qualified.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.