I think the instructions said to press to the centre of the dress, but I guess that is pressing from the back but perhaps not. Maybe we do need to get clarification on that. It is not always easy to see which side of the fabric is showing in the photos. I wasn’t always sure if it was the wrong side or the right side.
It is raining here now… I am itching to take photos so I hope it clears up later and the sky brightens.
I pressed the back pleats towards the centre of the back but the front pleats I pressed them facing the front opening .The pleats was the only problem I had ,I couldn’t see on Andreas dress which way they went and couldn’t really understand the pattern ,nothing wrong with the pattern Andrea just me being thick lol .
It looks lovely, Pat and you managed the sleeves ok. Come to think of it I am not sure if I did the pleats right either. I pressed them on the back to the centre of the dress. I will take photos soon but very dark and grey here. I will take shots of the pleats and then Andrea can tell me if I did it right or wrong! I guess that is why we test the patterns. I thought it was well written and easy to follow though.
Hopefully I will get photos if it brightens a bit here soon.
Kitty in her new Andrea dress .Being a newbie to sewing I know it won’t be as perfect as the ones you other ladies make but I am pleased I could make it .
Not sure if my pleats are right as the pattern states as I had trouble working them out as to which way they should face.
This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Pat Holness.